Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Happy Holi

I am not really a Holi person now but I remember how we used to have fun in childhood. Over years, it has become extremely boisterous and vulgar and that’s the reason (perhaps!) why I don’t enjoy it anymore. Anyway, here’s wishing you a riot of colours for today and for years to come.
Finally finished River of Gods. The book is pretty grand in terms of its scale, but somehow I found it taxing and not easy flowing. Too much mumbo-jumbo about a futuristic plot set in India 2047. Wrote a poem (she is so beautiful) today and posted it on the Caferati forum. Check it out.
Also, do take a look at MyToday, a new Web 2.0 offering by Rajesh Jain. Methinks it’s truly phenomenal in its offering and could emerge as a one-stop shop for all my news and blogs related needs. In its scope and canvas, I find it richer than Rajesh’s earlier India World offering which made him a killing.
Another great new launch is the venerable Guardian’s blog, Commentisfree. When it’s from The Guardian stable, it’s gotta be good. It’s my absolute favourite newspaper in the world while NYT.com is my number 1 newspaper website.
On the personal front, Soven is in Class VIII now (she did well in Class VII) and the demolition work regarding our new home has begun. We hope to start building soon. Shall keep you posted. Do take good care of yourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home