Monday, October 02, 2006

Happy Dussehra

Today is Gandhi Jayanti and Dussehra. I haven’t seen Munnabhai 2 yet, but I believe 'Gandhigiri' has stirred a debate on Gandhi’s relevance in contemporary India. Well, Gandhi’s relevance is about our belief in goodness of things and faith in people.
Sorry to blog after a long time but I have been kind of occupied. Poems, however, continue to pour outta me. Do check out these two:
In Sin City on the night of a Coup
Fizz
The first one is based on my Thailand visit (over 80 of us went to Pattaya and Bangkok on a company conference), and the second is about Fizz, a woman protagonist in The Alchemy of Desire. I found the book and her character amazing. Initially thought I would write a review, but out came a poem. Compared to the depth of the book, it sounds like a “silly ditty”, as one critical Caferati member pointed out.
Today, the good shall once again burn the evil, and we shall find momentary relief from the absurdity of it all. Take care, and Happy Dussehra.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home