Sunday, June 18, 2006

Post Moscow Musings

Today is S’s birthday and it’s a nice feeling that I have somebody like her to share my life with. Thank you, God.
I was in Moscow from 3-9 June and it was really an enriching experience. I spoke confidently (there’s still a small town boy in me!) in my presentation on BB and was touched by the praise I received afterwards. It was one of those gratifying moments. I found Moscow one of the most underrated cities but you gotta be there to see how advanced the infrastructure is. One can see more than the trappings of an erstwhile superpower and I can now understand how Russia is turning the corner. The kind of natural wealth that it has, it is only a matter of time that it will emerge as a superpower again. It needs to have a stable and forward looking political leadership and it will be back. With more than the proverbial bang!

The house at SC-I is progressing well and we are looking forward to it. Soven left for an iDiscovery camp at Tirthan in Himachal and am happy that she is enjoying herself. She will be back on the 20th. She is shaping into a lovely young lady. Work at office is fine. I can now ‘refocus’ on the emerging BB space.
Ghana played like a dream in their WC match against Czechs (2-0) last evening and it looks like it could be one of my favourite teams, besides, of course, the perennial favourites, Brazil and Argentina.
There is so much to write, so much to share, but since this is an open forum, there are some things that I must keep to myself. One has to come to terms with life. It has sadness; it also has resilience and beauty and we must develop the ability to see beauty in everything. And keep faith.
Our friend, Zhenya, who teaches English at the University in Moscow, was a great help and spend time showing me Moscow and its amazing museums and Metro. I am touched by the spirit of people everywhere. Deep down everybody is the same. People want to reach out, be touched. Human kinship is all encompassing.
Stock market is in a tailspin but I continue to bet on the India story. I pray we mustn’t screw up this time.
I know I am rambling and that’s why need to stop here.
Take care and God bless you!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Soven left for an iDiscovery camp at Tirthan in Himachal and am happy that she is enjoying herself. She will be back on the 20th. She is shaping into a lovely young lady."
Whoah! :O If such words of appreciation were metted out in my presence, would I be grateful or would I be grateful? Lol, anyway *blushes* Thankyou so much dad!
P.S.-- Its iDiscoveri.

12:26 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home