Sunday, January 15, 2006

Busybee @ Work

Last week had been pretty eventful at the work front. I was asked to deliver the welcome address at the BPO Conclave 2006 and also made a presentation on Webisodes and Animation content: Is the Indian market ready? at Nasscom’s Animation India 2006 at Hyderabad. I am not from the animation industry and was a trifle nervous. However, my presentation was well received and it was truly a humbling experience when tens of business guys flocked me after the presentation. I was told by Nasscom that I spoke with passion, my session received a good feedback and that I will be invited next year too. Keeping my fingers crossed…:)
During the week, I also had two interesting visitors, Ari from Oberon Media Singapore and Sarah from BBC and it was fun meeting with them. Ari, an Israeli, is a seasoned gaming industry professional. His role model is his beautiful wife who has a double degree in law and he has promised to bring her to India next time. Sarah, who I had met earlier too, came with her online editor for South Asia, Bernard, and we truly had an enriching conversation about how India is changing and would call the shots in the emerging new world order. I believe that a sincere conversation, without the hard sell of business talk, also turns out to be the best way to do business.
Do take a look at my poetry blog at Sulekha. Sulekha has a great community and it’s nice to get comments on poetry. My friends, Sanaya and Vishi, relocated from Cochin to Agra in June 2005, and I got to know that when we received their new year’s card. Vishi is now the GM of The Oberoi Amarvilas that is located 600 meters from the Taj Mahal. It’s a super cool hotel and it must be fun to run it.
Take care all ye folks…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home