Sunday, January 08, 2006

Coldest Day

Well, today is the coldest day in Delhi in over 70 years. Imagine the temperature plummeting to 0.2 degree Celsius! (Hey, can somebody please tell me how to put the degree symbol!) Today also happens to be my Birthday. As far as my birthday is concerned, I have always had an ambivalent attitude towards it. Don’t see the need to make a fuss, kinda sounds self-indulgent. Anyway, I had a quiet day: Saw the concluding part of The Mayor of Casterbridge (Henchard, what a forlorn and tragic man!), read parts of Shalimar (still at it…), went for a walk, etc. My friends sent lotsa warm messages. K even googled for a funny message but finally settled for a warm note. Thank you, folks.
MICHAEL HENCHARD’S WILL
That Elizabeth-Jane Farfrae be not told of my death, or made to grieve on account of me.
& that I be not bury’d in consecrated ground.
& that no sexton be asked to toll the bell.
& that nobody is wished to see my dead body.
& that no murners walk behind me at my funeral.
& that no flours be planted on my grave.
& that no man remember me.
To this I put my name.
Michael Henchard

I have started a blog titled Life in Cyberia at Indiatimes. Though I don’t get much time to update it, I shall try my best to keep posting interesting stuff. Do lemme know what you think of it. Also discovered that I have a poetry blog at Sulekha that I had started sometime back. Enough rambling. Now, I shall key in some thoughts for Life in Cyberia. Take care…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home